The Firm is representing Focus Media Holding Limited (“Focus Media”) in connection with a proposal by a consortium for a going private transaction valued at approximately $3.5 billion. The consortium includes Mr. Jason Nanchun Jiang, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Focus Media, and his affiliates, FountainVest Partners, The Carlyle Group L.P., CITIC Capital Partners, CDH Investments and China Everbright Ltd. The consortium intends to finance the proposed transaction with a combination of debt and equity capital.
Focus Media (Nasdaq: FMCN), a Chinese digital advertising company, operates China’s largest lifestyle targeted interactive digital media network.
The Simpson Thacher team for this transaction includes Kathryn King Sudol and Richard C. Lin (M&A – Hong Kong) and Chris K.H. Lin and Daniel Fertig (Corporate – Hong Kong).
- Skadden – Focus Media Announces Receipt of “Going Private” Proposal
- Simpson Thacher Represents PAG Asia Capital in Going Private Transaction Involving Funtalk China Holdings Limited
- Akin Gump Advises CITIC PE on Take-Private of AsiaInfo-Linkage
- Kirkland & Ellis Represents Independent Committee of Focus Media Holding Limited in Merger Agreement for Going Private Transaction
- Ropes & Gray Represents Blackstone-Led Consortium in Take-Private Deal for Pactera Technology