The Firm represented affiliates of Blackstone Real Estate Partners VII and Blackstone Real Estate Partners Asia (collectively, “Blackstone”) in connection with the recently announced acquisition of an approximately 40% stake in SCP Company Limited. SCP is a leading shopping mall owner, operator and developer in China. After giving effect to the investment by Blackstone and a concurrent investment by ICBC International Holdings, SCP holds assets totaling in excess of US$2 billion. The transaction represents one of the largest foreign private equity investments in the real estate sector in China to date.
The Simpson Thacher team includes: Anthony King (Real Estate); Yang Wang, Qinghong Cai and Duan Fu (Beijing M&A); Nancy Mehlman and Sean FitzGerald (Tax); and David Vann and Étienne Renaudeau (Antitrust).
- Morgan Lewis Expands Commitment to Asia With New Shanghai Office
- Reed Smith Expands Corporate Practice in Beijing
- Nixon Peabody CWL Welcomes New Corporate Partner in Hong Kong
- Simpson Thacher – Yunfeng Financial Group to Acquire Majority Stake in MassMutual Asia
- BLP appoints Andrew MacGeoch to head Real Estate & Infrastructure in APAC