Simpson Thacher recently represented J.P. Morgan and Nomura in connection with concurrent offerings by TPK Holding Co., Ltd. (“TPK”) of US$230 million Zero Coupon Convertible Bonds due 2017 (the “Bonds”) and US$236.2 million of global depositary shares (the “GDSs”). TPK is a leading touch solution provider with manufacturing facilities in China. TPK’s touch solutions are applied in a large number of market leading smartphones and tablets. The common shares of TPK are traded on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under the trading code “3673”. Both the Bonds and the GDSs are listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
The Simpson Thacher team for this transaction included Chris Lin, Asher Hsu, Howie Farn and Tina Yu (Corporate); and Robert Holo, Marcy Geller, Jonathan Cantor and Andrew Purcell (Tax).
- Simpson Thacher Represents J.P. Morgan and Nomura in $466.2 Million Current Offerings of Zero Coupon Convertible Bonds and Global Depositary Shares by TPK Holding Co., Ltd.
- Simpson Thacher Represents Citigroup in $105 Million Offering of Global Depositary Shares by E.SUN Financial Holding
- Simpson Thacher Represents J.P. Morgan in Offering of US$254.4 Million Principal Amount of Zero Coupon Convertible Bonds by Cathay Financial Holding Co., Ltd.
- Simpson Thacher Represents Underwriters in Offering of US$300 Million Principal Amount of Zero Coupon Convertible Bonds by Pegatron Corporation
- Simpson Thacher Represents Underwriters in Offering of US$188 Million Principal Amount of Zero Coupon Convertible Bonds by Zhen Ding Technology Holding Limited