The firm represented KKR in connection with its approximately US$200 million acquisition of a substantial minority stake in Weststar Aviation Services Sdn. Bhd. (“Weststar”). This is KKR’s first investment in Malaysia.
Weststar provides offshore helicopter transportation services to the oil and gas industry in Malaysia and elsewhere. It is the largest provider for such services in South-East Asia and serves clients such as Petronas Carigali, Exxonmobil, Carigali Hess, CPOC, Talisman, Petrofac, Newfield, TOTAL, KPOC, Lundin, Schlumberger, HESS, Shell, Tullow Oil, Mubadala Petroleum, CGG Veritas and Conoco Philips.
The Simpson Thacher team was led by Mark Pflug, Ian Ho and Matthew Schwartz of the firm’s Hong Kong office.
- Latham Advises the Republic of Indonesia on Financing of Train 3 of the Tangguh LNG Project
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Underwriters on US$168 Million Hong Kong IPO of China Education Provider
- Collas Crill Singapore Advises Malaysian-based Macromac PLC on AIM Listing
- Clyde & Co grows by a Fifth in Asia Pacific Region
- Baker & McKenzie Strengthens its Projects Practice in Singapore and Asia Pacific