Simpson Thacher is representing KKR in connection with its approximately US$200 million acquisition of a minority stake in Gland Pharma Limited (“Gland Pharma”). The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions.
Gland Pharma is based in Hyderabad, India, and develops and manufactures generic injectables primarily for the U.S. market, and also for India and other markets. It has pioneered Heparin technology in India and has a position of leadership in the GlycosAminoGlycans (GAGs) range of molecules. The company manufactures Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and injectable formulations for niche segments such as Osteoarthritis, Anti-coagulants, Gynaecology and Ophthalmology.
The Simpson Thacher team was led by Mark Pflug and Ian Ho of the Firm’s Hong Kong office.
- Simpson Thacher Represents Int’l Managers in ¥1.4T (US$11.6B) Concurrent IPOs of Japan Post
- Simpson Thacher Leads Alibaba’s New $4.6B Deal
- Shearman & Sterling Advises Underwriters on Chi-Med’s US Initial Public Offering
- Foley Expands IP Practice in Tokyo With Philippe Riesen
- Simpson Thacher – Ozner Water Completes Private Placement of HK$465 Million Convertible Bonds