Simpson Thacher is representing KKR in connection with its approximately US$200 million acquisition of a minority stake in Gland Pharma Limited (“Gland Pharma”). The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions.
Gland Pharma is based in Hyderabad, India, and develops and manufactures generic injectables primarily for the U.S. market, and also for India and other markets. It has pioneered Heparin technology in India and has a position of leadership in the GlycosAminoGlycans (GAGs) range of molecules. The company manufactures Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and injectable formulations for niche segments such as Osteoarthritis, Anti-coagulants, Gynaecology and Ophthalmology.
The Simpson Thacher team was led by Mark Pflug and Ian Ho of the Firm’s Hong Kong office.
- Simpson Thacher – Yunfeng Financial Group to Acquire Majority Stake in MassMutual Asia
- Shearman & Sterling Advises Underwriters on Chi-Med’s US Initial Public Offering
- Foley Expands IP Practice in Tokyo With Philippe Riesen
- Kirkland & Ellis Advises Ally Bridge Group on Privatization Offer for Hong Kong-listed Shandong Luoxin Pharmaceutical Group
- International law firm Vinson & Elkins LLP announced the opening of an office in Taipei, to serve the growing demand of the firm’s clientele in Taiwan and the Asia Pacific.