The Tokyo office of the Firm recently represented Seibu Holdings Inc. in connection with its initial public offering on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and global offering to institutional investors pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S under the Securities Act.
Seibu Holdings is a Tokyo-based holding company that operates a group of lifestyle and leisure businesses principally in Japan, including a major railway network in the greater Tokyo metropolitan area and Japan’s largest hotel chain in terms of net sales.
The international joint lead managers for the international offering were UBS Limited, Mizuho International plc, Merrill Lynch International, J.P. Morgan Securities plc, Nomura International plc and Citigroup Global Markets Limited.
The Simpson Thacher team for the transaction included David Sneider, Takahiro Saito and David Snowden (Capital Markets) in Tokyo and Robert Holo and Devin Heckman (Tax) in New York.
- Simpson Thacher Represents Int’l Managers in ¥1.4T (US$11.6B) Concurrent IPOs of Japan Post
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Joint Lead Managers on ANZ’s A$1b Offer of ANZ Capital Notes 5 and CPS3 Buy-Back Facility
- Shearman & Sterling Advises on PT Cikarang Listrindo’s Indonesia IPO Offering
- Milbank Advises on Highly Successful Equity Capital Raising by Top Indian Metals and Mining Producer Hindalco
- Norton Rose Fulbright Advises on USD 1.7 Billion Financing for Emirates NBD