The Hong Kong office of the Firm represented Swire Properties Limited and John Swire & Sons (H.K.) Limited, as the selling shareholder, in connection with secondary offerings by John Swire & Sons of shares of Swire Properties with aggregate gross proceeds of US$1.3 billion.
The offerings consisted of block trades conducted in reliance upon Rule 144A and Regulation S under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, with The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc, BOCI Asia Limited and J.P. Morgan Securities (Asia Pacific) Limited as managers.
Swire Properties designs, develops and manages mixed-use commercial properties in Hong Kong and mainland China and is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
The Simpson Thacher team for the transaction included Leiming Chen and Blake Dunlap (Capital Markets).
- Freshfields Advises on Swire Properties Listing
- Mayer Brown JSM advised Swire Properties Limited on the sale of Festival Walk
- Mayer Brown JSM Advised Swire Resources on JV with Columbia Sportswear in China
- Paul Hastings Advises Mapletree on US$2.4 Billion Acquisition
- Paul Hastings Represents Franshion Properties on Issuance of US$500 Million Guaranteed Notes