Stamford Law Corporation and Allen & Gledhill LLP are acting as legal advisers to Fraser and Neave, Limited (“F&N”) in the S$8.8 billion proposed takeover of F&N by TCC Assets Limited (“TCC Assets”). TCC Assets announced a mandatory general offer of S$8.88 per F&N share on 13 September 2012 after its shareholding in F&N, together with its concert parties, reached approximately 30.36% of the total issued F&N shares.
TCC Assets is a special purpose vehicle owned by Mr Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi and his wife, who are the founders of Thai Beverage Public Company Limited (“ThaiBev”). The takeover offer comes amidst the proposed sale by F&N of its shareholdings in Tiger Beer brewer Asia Pacific Breweries Limited (“APB”) to Heineken, which was the subject of competing bids between Heineken and Kindest Place Groups Limited, an entity linked with Mr Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi. Stamford Law is also advising F&N on the sale of APB.
The Stamford Law team is led by Partners YAP Lian Seng and LEAN Min-tze, and Director Elizabeth KONG.
- Stamford Law Corporation is Lead Transaction Counsel for F&N in Its Proposed S$5.59 Billion Sale of Its 39.7% Effective Interest in APB to Heineken International B.V.
- Stamford Law Acts for F&N in Bidding War Sparked by OUE’s S$13.1 Billion Offer
- Duane Morris & Selvam Toasts Client Heineken’s $4.6 Billion Takeover Bid for Asia Pacific Breweries Ltd.
- Stamford Law is Advising Ocean Sky International Limited in a S$372 Million Reverse Takeover and the S$63 Million Disposal of Existing Businesses
- Gilbert + Tobin Secures Clearance for Second Largest Domestic Airline Operator in Australia