Sidley Austin LLP announced today that Mengyu Lu has joined the firm’s Hong Kong Corporate Finance team and will be based in the firm’s Beijing office. Ms. Lu has considerable experience and knowledge in capital markets transactions, with an emphasis on representing issuers (China-based) and underwriters in Hong Kong initial public offerings (IPOs).
“We are pleased to welcome Mengyu to our team of highly skilled corporate finance lawyers in the region,” said Thomas Albrecht, managing partner for Sidley, Asia Pacific. “Mengyu’s experience and market reputation will enhance a team that for over 15 years has represented issuers and underwriters in numerous equity raising transactions through listings in Hong Kong.”
Ms. Lu focuses her Hong Kong IPO practice on representing issuers and underwriters in a wide range of industries including railroad, pharmaceutical, hospitality and manufacturing. Over the past several years, Ms. Lu has handled several high-profile Hong Kong IPOs. Her issuer clients have included People’s Republic of China (P.R.C.) state-owned enterprises and P.R.C.-based privately owned companies. Ms. Lu also advises on other capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and post-listing compliance matters.
“Mengyu’s strong capabilities in handling multifaceted capital markets transactions will make her a welcome addition to our team of lawyers who are widely recognized for their depth of knowledge related to Hong Kong IPO listings as well as other securities transactions,” said Constance Choy, Sidley partner, head of the firm’s Hong Kong Corporate Finance practice and member of Sidley’s Executive Committee.
- Mayer Brown JSM Expands Corporate & Securities Practice With Addition of Nicholas Chan in Hong Kong
- Continuing Its Expansion in Greater China, Jason Kuo Joins Troutman Sanders in Hong Kong
- Loeb & Loeb Adds Two Capital Markets Partners in Hong Kong
- Morgan Lewis to Expand Pan-China Reach With Addition of Nine Partners in Hong Kong, Beijing, and Shanghai
- Gibson Dunn Adds Leading Four-Partner Corporate Team to Hong Kong Office