Mayer Brown JSM announced today that Doo-Soon (Doos) Choi has joined the firm as a Hong Kong-based partner in the Banking & Finance practice. Doos comes to Mayer Brown JSM from the Hong Kong office of Ashurst.
Doos is widely recognised for his experience in multijurisdictional acquisition finance, investment grade and sub-investment grade corporate finance, distressed portfolio sales, and strategic debt investments. He advises clients in a variety of industries, including real estate, healthcare, financial services, insurance, mining, and oil and gas. Banks, financial institutions and financial sponsors all benefit from his counsel regarding multi-tiered, bilateral, club, and syndicated financings, whether for new money deals or in special situations. He is fluent in Korean and English.
“With his background in complex, cross-border acquisition finance for clients across a variety of industries, Doos is a valuable addition to our Hong Kong office,” said Richard J.I. Stock, co-leader of the firm’s Banking & Finance practice. “Our clients in Asia and around the world will be well-served by his experience, and we are delighted to welcome him to the firm.”
“I joined Mayer Brown JSM for the firm’s global platform and broad capabilities in the banking and finance sectors, and its ability to provide a full-service offering locally,” added Doos. “I was also attracted by the growth of the firm’s Asia offices and its excellent reputation among financial institutions conducting sophisticated cross-border transactions in Asia.”
Doos’ arrival comes shortly after the arrival of Corporate & Securities partner Rod Brown, who joined the firm’s Singapore office in March.
- Mayer Brown JSM Expands Corporate & Securities Practice With Addition of Nicholas Chan in Hong Kong
- Mayer Brown JSM expands global private equity and fund formation capabilities with arrival of Robert Woll in Hong Kong
- Simmons & Simmons Expands Financial Markets Practice in Singapore
- David Irvine Joins Hong Kong Office of Kirkland & Ellis as Banking Partner
- RPC Continues to Build Asia Transactional Capability With major Corporate Partner Hire