Law firm Stephenson Harwood LLP has strengthened its intellectual property practice with the addition of Jonathan Chu as a partner, based in its Hong Kong office.
“Jonathan’s considerable expertise in all matters relating to intellectual property – but particularly those relating to contentious matters – will complement our existing global practice,” said Stephenson Harwood partner, and co-head of the firm’s intellectual property team, Eifion Morris. “His arrival not only strengthens our practice in Asia but enables us to develop the synergies across our global team and further expand our international capabilities.”
Chu’s practice is focused on contentious IP matters. He advises a diverse mix of clients from sectors including entertainment, manufacturing, energy, media, retail and pharmaceutical. He joins Stephenson Harwood from William W.L. Fan & Co where he was a partner.
“We have a strong IP practice in China and Jonathan’s arrival reflects our ambitions and continued commitment to expand the breadth and depth of our practices in Greater China,” said Stephenson Harwood’s Greater China managing partner Voon Keat Lai. “Jonathan is an exceptional IP lawyer and his depth of knowledge and skills will be a valuable asset to our clients.”
- Jane Ng Joins Stephenson Harwood as Partner in Hong Kong
- Stephenson Harwood Strengthens Practice in China
- Nixon Peabody CWL Welcomes New Corporate Partner in Hong Kong
- Bird & Bird Welcomes Two New Dispute Resolution Partners in Asia Pacific
- Perkins Coie Grows Global IP Practice with Addition of IP Partner in Beijing