Holman Fenwick Willan’s strategy to significantly grow and develop its Australian construction and major projects capability has continued to be successful with the recent acquisition of senior industry practitioner Richard Abbott and his team to the firm’s Sydney office. Richard, who is an experienced investment and major projects lawyer with financing, corporate and funds management skills, adds critical mass to the team in Sydney.
Over the past 18 months Holman Fenwick Willan has become a significant player in construction and infrastructure in Australia following securing industry leaders Amanda Davidson and Carolyn Chudleigh in 2014 as well as the promotion of Nick Watts to Partner and the recruitment of industry heavyweight Christopher Eves in 2015.
The firm’s focus on the expansion of its capability in construction and infrastructure compliments the core expertise of the firm in transportation related infrastructure, including ports and terminals, roads, rail and light rail and airports. The group has developed by servicing existing international clients of the firm with construction and infrastructure needs and by attracting new clients. The team is presently advising on a range of complex port and rail project issues and continues to be a leading practice in relation to inbound Singaporean and Chinese investment. Richard Crump, the Global Senior Partner of the firm said “We are particularly pleased that Richard Abbott has joined the team in Sydney. His financing and corporate skill set completes the firm’s service offering in relation to major projects in Australia. The firm is committed to becoming a significant player in the construction and infrastructure area in Australia and intends to continue its investment and in other key jurisdictions where we are seeing a lot of activity.”
- HFW Welcomes New Property & Projects Team in Sydney
- Jones Day Adds Five Partners in Asia, Bolstering its Integrated Projects, Energy, and Finance Capabilities Throughout the Region
- Akin Gump Expands Asia Energy Practice with Senior Energy Partner Hire in Singapore
- Dentons Rodyk Strengthens Energy Resources & Infrastructure Practice and Its South East Asia Regional Practice With New Hire, John Dick
- K&L Gates Expands Real Estate Practice with Appointment of Sydney Partner