The Hong Kong office of global law firm K&L Gates LLP has added Michael Wong as a partner in the investment management, hedge funds and alternative investments practice. He joins K&L Gates from Allen & Overy LLP.
Concentrating his practice on investment management and financial regulation, Wong has extensive experience advising fund managers and financial institutions on the structuring, establishment, and distribution of a broad range of fund products, including hedge, alternative investment, and SFC-authorized funds, as well as counseling on a wide variety of other financial regulatory areas, including licensing and registration of financial intermediaries, managed accounts, custody arrangements, disclosure of interests, insider dealing, and outsourcing. Wong’s recent notable transactions include his representation of a Chinese financial institution on the listing of the first RQFII “open-ended” fund on the Cayman Islands Stock Exchange.
“We are excited that Michael has joined us,” said David K.Y. Tang, K&L Gates’ Managing Partner, Asia. “He adds depth and breadth in the Asia Pacific region to our leading firmwide investment management and financial regulatory practices.”
Wong stated: “I am delighted to be joining one of the largest and most experienced investment management groups globally. Joining a firm with the global reach that K&L Gates offers — and, in particular, its significant Asia Pacific presence — will be a great benefit to my clients undertaking cross-border transactions.”
- Mayer Brown JSM expands global private equity and fund formation capabilities with arrival of Robert Woll in Hong Kong
- Ogier’s Hong Kong Office Advises on One of Asia’s First Hedge Funds Structured Utilising Cayman LLCs
- Morgan Lewis Adds Asset Management, Corporate & M&A Partner Edward Bennett in Singapore
- Morrison & Foerster Further Builds Out Asia Offering With New Private Investment Funds Partner In Hong Kong
- K&L Gates Adds Corporate, Disputes Partners in Beijing, Hong Kong