Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP, a leading counselor to global corporations and financial institutions, recently advised All-Stars Investment Limited (All-Stars) as the lead investor on the US$1.1 billion Series F financing of Xiaomi Corporation (Xiaomi).
All-Stars is a fund that invests in the Internet and consumer brand space in Greater China. Xiaomi is the third-largest smartphone maker in the world and the biggest in China. The transaction was led by Rocky T. Lee and a team of Beijing-London-based Cadwalader associates.
“We are grateful that this dynamic fund selected Cadwalader for its most important transaction to date,” said partner Rocky T. Lee in Cadwalader’s Beijing office.
“The Cadwalader team was outstanding throughout this demanding deal. On a tight timetable and in a landmark transaction, Cadwalader was instrumental in the deal’s success. They served as our invaluable advisor from inception to closing,” said Richard Ji, Managing Partner of All-Stars Investment Limited.
Cadwalader has been advising clients in China and across the region for the last 10 years, providing premier legal services to leading U.S., U.K. and European financial institutions and multinational companies doing business and investing in Asia. Cadwalader also serves China-based entities in their international business activities and investments in the U.S. and throughout the world.
- Cadwalader Advises All-Stars on US $300 Million Investment in Tujia.com
- Maria Oleinik and Richard Cowie Bring Added Corporate, M&A and Energy Experience to Dentons
- Doo-Soon Choi Joins Mayer Brown JSM as Banking & Finance Partner in Hong Kong
- Mayer Brown JSM expands global private equity and fund formation capabilities with arrival of Robert Woll in Hong Kong
- Jane Ng Joins Stephenson Harwood as Partner in Hong Kong