Global law firm K&L Gates LLP has added Markus Blenntoft as a banking and asset finance partner in the Singapore office. Blenntoft joins K&L Gates from Dentons UKMEA LLP.
Blenntoft is an English-qualified banking and finance lawyer with considerable experience in debt capital markets, Islamic finance, and a range of outbound finance work for Indian banks. He has advised on numerous international Islamic bond transactions from issuers based in the emerging markets in Southeast Asia, and also counsels on Murabaha and Shariah-compliant finance structures.
Blenntoft joins a team of seven other partners in K&L Gates’ Singapore office, who advise clients across a broad range of industries — financial services, energy and resources, oil and gas, aviation and technology, media, and telecom, among them — on areas including corporate and transactional, energy, infrastructure and resources, finance and litigation, dispute resolution, and international arbitration matters.
“Singapore continues to grow in its significance as a global financial center,” commented David Tang, K&L Gates’ Managing Partner, Asia. “That corresponds with the increase in demand for sophisticated cross-border legal advice in finance in Southeast Asia. Markus is a great addition to the firm’s finance practice and further strengthens our capabilites in that area across Asia, Australia, the Middle East, Europe, and the U.S.”
- K&L Gates Bolsters Japan Corporate Practice with Tokyo Partner Addition
- K&L Gates Bolsters Asia Practice with Addition of Corporate, Disputes Partners
- K&L Gates Adds Corporate, Disputes Partners in Beijing, Hong Kong
- K&L Gates Expands Real Estate Practice with Appointment of Sydney Partner
- Dentons Rodyk Strengthens Energy Practice Group With New Hire Kunal Kapoor