Davis Polk is advising Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. in connection with its tender offers in the Republic of China and the United States for common shares and American depositary shares of Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd. at a price of NT$45 per common share and NT$225 per ADS payable in the equivalent amount of U.S. dollars, respectively. ASE plans to acquire an estimated maximum number of 779,000,000 common shares of Siliconware (including common shares represented by ADSs), equivalent to approximately 25% of the common shares issued by Siliconware.
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering is the world’s largest provider of independent semiconductor manufacturing services in assembly, test, materials and design manufacturing. SPIL is a leading provider of comprehensive semiconductor assembly and test services. Siliconware is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TSE:2325) and NASDAQ National Market under the trading symbol “SPIL.”
The Davis Polk corporate team includes partners George R. Bason Jr. and James C. Lin, counsel-registered foreign lawyer Terrence R. O’Donnell and associates Michael Crowley, Shaun Levor and Francisco R. Nuñez. Members of the Davis Polk team are based in the Hong Kong and New York offices.
- Davis Polk – Fantasia Holdings Group Co., Limited CNY600 Million High-Yield Notes Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Orient Securities Company Limited on Its HK$6.8 Billion (US$876 million) Initial Public Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. on Its $4 Billion SEC-Registered Notes Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Golden Wheel Tiandi Holdings Limited $100 Million High-Yield Senior Notes Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Yihai International Holding Ltd. on Its HK$858 Million (US$111 Million) Initial Public Offering