Leading Asia commercial litigator Denis Brock will be joining O’Melveny & Myers as a partner in the Hong Kong office on October 1.
Brock adds top-notch disputes and regulatory strength to O’Melveny’s Asia platform. His broad practice encompasses complex litigation and arbitration, regulatory and insolvency matters, and internal investigations for financial institutions, international corporations, insurance brokerages and accounting firms. In addition, Brock will expand O’Melveny’s FCPA strengths and other regulatory and investigatory capabilities in Asia. He will be part of the Firm’s Business Trial and Litigation Practice.
“We are thrilled to welcome a lawyer of Denis’ caliber to O’Melveny,” said Bradley J. Butwin, Chair of O’Melveny. “He is well known in the Hong Kong and London legal communities as a true litigator, committed to serving clients in a wide range of their most pressing legal matters. His addition is further evidence of O’Melveny’s commitment to growing strategically in the region.”
Brock’s litigation experience is exceptional in the region. He was among the first litigators to be granted rights of appearance as a Solicitor-Advocate in Hong Kong in 2013, and also maintains such rights in England. Chambers Asia Pacific (2014 edition) ranks Brock as a “Leading Individual (Band 1)” in Dispute Resolution (China, International Firms). He is admitted to practice in Hong Kong, England and Wales, New York, Australia, and New Zealand.
“I look forward to joining O’Melveny’s integrated Asia team to serve international companies at their highest level of business,” Brock said. “The Firm’s long-standing presence in Hong Kong and more generally in Asia, as well as its global platform, are invaluable resources for clients navigating the increasingly complex worldwide marketplace.”
- Orrick Adds Leading Litigator in Hong Kong
- Allen & Overy Bolsters Asia Regulatory Offering with Appointment of Charlotte Robins as Partner in Hong Kong
- Morgan Lewis Continues Expansion in Hong Kong with Disputes, International Arbitration and Corporate Compliance Partner
- Davis Polk Welcomes U.S. Enforcement and Litigation Partner Patrick Sinclair in Hong Kong
- Jones Day Welcomes Technology and Life Science IP Litigator Maxwell Fox as Partner in Tokyo