Leading independent Australian law firm HWL Ebsworth Lawyers has announced the appointment of Gillad Dalal as a partner in its Banking & Financial Services team.
Gillad joins the Melbourne office of HWL Ebsworth from Norton Rose Fulbright, where he had spent over 12 years.
With close to 25 years of banking and finance experience, Gillad has become a trusted advisor to several of the major Australian and international banks and financial institutions. Gillad’s clients include ANZ, HSBC, CBA, Bankwest and Standard Chartered Bank.
Gillad’s areas of specialisation include structured trade and commodities finance, cross border transactions, project finance, corporate finance, restructuring and workouts.
Some of Gillad’s recent noteworthy transactions include the following.
- In what was a world first structure in the commodities space, Gillad advised a syndicate of leading domestic and international banks on a structured trade inventory transaction valued at $467 million for Emerald Grain Australia Limited. This was the first time in the world that a repo arrangement had ever been syndicated.
- Gillad acted for ANZ on a structured commodity funding to Fiji Sugar. This transaction won various prestigious trade finance awards including deal of the year in 2012 Trade & Forfaiting review and GTR.
- Gillad acted for Standard Chartered Bank in setting up an inventory ownership product for that Bank in Australia relating to oil and grain.
Following Gillad’s appointment, HWL Ebsworth’s national Banking & Financial Services Group consists of 21 partners and supporting teams.
“Gillad’s vast experience, market knowledge and leading reputation in the banking and commodities sectors will make him an invaluable member of our Banking & Financial Services team” said Juan Martinez, HWL Ebsworth’s Managing Partner.
“By continuing to enhance our capability in Banking & Financial Services, we are reinforcing our position as a key advisor to our domestic and international banking clients” added Juan.
- Simmons & Simmons Expands Financial Markets Practice in Singapore
- Morgan Lewis Expands Commitment to Asia With New Shanghai Office
- Doo-Soon Choi Joins Mayer Brown JSM as Banking & Finance Partner in Hong Kong
- HFW Continues to Stregthen Aviation Practice with Addition of Asset Finance Team in Singapore
- Ashurst Appoints Restructuring Partner in its Finance Practice