Jonathan Lee has joined Nixon Peabody CWL as a partner in Hong Kong. His arrival continues the growth of the firm’s transactional practice serving clients in Asia.
With a focus on corporate and securities law, Jonathan has extensive experience in corporate finance, public and private takeovers, cross-border acquisitions and divestments of equity interests and assets, establishment of joint ventures, private equity investments and foreign direct investments, with particular focus in China-related transactions and in the energy and natural resources sectors.
“Jonathan is a seasoned corporate lawyer with extensive experience in large transactions across greater China,” said Kenneth Wong, Managing Partner of Nixon Peabody CWL.
Jonathan represents listed companies, private equity firms, and major local and overseas corporations on a wide variety of corporate matters, including both foreign direct investments into China and outbound investments.
“We continue to see demand in Asia from clients for complex corporate transactions,” said David Cheng, Chair and Managing Partner of Nixon Peabody’s China & Asia Pacific Practice. “Our team in Hong Kong is well suited to assist in any of these deals and Jonathan’s arrival adds to that strength.”
Most recently with King & Wood Malleson’s Hong Kong office, Jonathan earned a B.S. degree in electrical engineering from Queen’s University (Canada) and a LL.B. degree from University of London (United Kingdom).
- Gibson Dunn Adds Leading Four-Partner Corporate Team to Hong Kong Office
- Kirkland & Ellis Strengthens Asia Corporate Practice with the Addition of Daniel Dusek in Hong Kong
- Reed Smith Expands Corporate Practice in Beijing
- Andre Zhu Joins White & Case as a Partner in Beijing
- Allen & Overy Further Expands its China Corporate Practice With the Appointment of Wayne Lee