Charmian Barton will join international law firm Norton Rose as an environment and planning partner in its Perth practice.
Charmian was an environment and planning partner at DLA Piper for four years where she led its climate change and environmental law practice, before leaving to establish her own consultancy. She has 15 years experience working for both public and private sector clients and in the last year she was ranked by Chambers Asia Pacific as a leading lawyer in environment.
She graduated with First Class Honors in Law from Murdoch University and later with a masters degree from Harvard Law School.
Wayne Spanner, Norton Rose’s Managing Partner in Australia said;
“It is great to welcome Charmian to Norton Rose. Our environment and planning practice is the largest specialist environment and planning practice by size and spread in Australia.”
“We act for Australia’s leading companies and government across the development, water, energy, waste, resources, infrastructure and transport sectors. Charmian’s expertise in environment law is an excellent fit for us.”
“Her appointment, along with other recent hires, adds even more depth and talent to the environment and planning practice at Norton Rose in Australia and demonstrates our commitment to provide clients with access to the country’s top legal practitioners.”
- Norton Rose Grows Environment and Planning Practice with Lateral Hire
- HWL Ebsworth Further Reinforces Victorian Planning and Environment Team
- Corrs Adds Leading Planning and Development Partner to the Firm
- King & Wood Mallesons’ Environment, Planning & Native Title Practice Attracts Star Lateral Hire
- Norton Rose Grows Corporate Team in Beijing