Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is pleased to announce that highly experienced senior Russian banking and finance lawyer Dmitry Shiryaev joined the firm from Dentons on October 29.
Recognized as a “Leading Individual” in the EMEA Legal 500 for banking and finance in Russia, he is also ranked in Chambers, where he is acknowledged as having a “fine reputation for his market knowledge.”
Mr. Shiryaev will lead Akin Gump’s finance team on the ground in Moscow, working closely with the London-based finance practice and the firm’s international capital markets team, including Moscow capital markets head Varun Gupta.
He advises Russian and international clients on a broad range of banking, finance and capital markets transactions, including secured and unsecured loans, ECA covered and other trade finance, project finance and securitizations as well as in relation to restructurings, insolvency proceedings and related litigation.
Akin Gump Moscow office partner in charge Sebastian Rice said, “Dmitry’s arrival is a significant development for our international finance practice. He brings outstanding experience and market knowledge to our clients and will add considerable strength and depth to our well-established finance, capital markets and corporate practices.”
Mr. Shiryaev added, “Akin Gump’s reputation in Moscow and beyond, particularly in relation to finance and capital markets work, was very attractive. I am delighted to have the opportunity to help build out the firm’s finance capabilities and knowledge base across the region.”
- Akin Gump Advises Trivon Communications on the Sale of Its Stake in Digit One
- Akin Gump Advises Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Company As It Signs Power Purchase Agreement for World’s Biggest Solar Project
- Akin Gump Advises Abu Dhabi Global Market in Launch of New Foundations Regime
- Akin Gump Expands Asia Energy Practice with Senior Energy Partner Hire in Singapore
- Shearman & Sterling Expands China M&A Outbound Practice With Return of Li Chen