Completing a series of announcements regarding the arrival of a group of partners from Bingham McCutchen, international law firm Akin Gump announced today that F. Mark Fucci and Anne-Marie Godfrey would be joining the firm’s Hong Kong office. Mr. Fucci will join as a partner in the financial restructuring practice, while Ms. Godfrey will join as a partner in the investment management practice.
This announcement brings the total number of partners joining Akin Gump from Bingham to 28. The firm announced the forthcoming arrival of 22 partners in London, Hong Kong and Frankfurt on September 17 and announced four additional partners in London and Hong Kong on September 22. Combined, the incoming group will not only meld a top-ranked European and Asian restructuring practice, led by partners James Roome, Barry Russell and James Terry, with Akin Gump’s market-leading U.S. restructuring practice, but will also add substantial depth to the firm’s funds, corporate, finance, litigation, regulatory, tax and antitrust capabilities.
All 28 partners are expected to join the firm in their respective offices within the coming weeks.
Akin Gump chairperson Kim Koopersmith commented, “Mark and Anne-Marie are terrific practitioners who join a truly exceptional group of lawyers poised to make a tremendous impact on our firm and help strengthen our brand as a global institution. I’m very excited to welcome them, and I look forward to introducing them, along with others who will be joining us, both to our clients and to their new Akin Gump colleagues.”
F. Mark Fucci focuses on cross-border matters and has substantial experience in restructurings, insolvencies and complex financial transactions. Anne-Marie Godfrey has extensive experience advising investment managers on the establishment and regulation of hedge funds, private equity funds and regulated funds.
- Akin Gump Advises Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Company As It Signs Power Purchase Agreement for World’s Biggest Solar Project
- Akin Gump Advises Trivon Communications on the Sale of Its Stake in Digit One
- Akin Gump Expands Asia Energy Practice with Senior Energy Partner Hire in Singapore
- Mayer Brown JSM expands global private equity and fund formation capabilities with arrival of Robert Woll in Hong Kong
- Akin Gump Advises LUKOIL on $1.1 Billion Sale of Its 50 Percent Stake in Caspian Investments Resources Ltd. to Sinopec