Herbert Smith Freehills is pleased to announce the appointment of William Ku as a debt capital markets partner, based in its Hong Kong office.
“Strong debt capital markets capabilities in both Singapore and Hong Kong are essential to bank and issuer clients in Asia,” said partner Adrian Cheng, Asia head of finance at Herbert Smith Freehills.
“William will work closely with debt capital markets partners Philip Lee in Singapore and Kevin Roy in Hong Kong and the firm’s other capital markets partners in Asia Pacific to extend our practice across the region.”
“Importantly, William also brings an understanding of, and relationships within, the Chinese securities markets – essential now that renminbi issues and China issuers are central to so many financial markets.”
“William has already established an enviable reputation in the Hong Kong market, and we’re delighted to have attracted him to the firm,” said Jason Ricketts, global head of finance, real estate and projects at Herbert Smith Freehills.
“His skills and market knowledge will be valuable additions to our capital markets team in Asia and globally, and we look forward to him joining us in early 2016.”
William’s appointment is the latest addition to the firm’s capital markets capabilities, following the 2014 appointments of debt capital markets consultant José Blanco in Madrid and structured debt and leveraged finance specialist Laura Sheridan Mouton in Sydney, and last month’s announcement that Tom O’Neill would join the firm as partner and head of its US securities practice, based in London.
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Joint Lead Managers on ANZ’s A$1b Offer of ANZ Capital Notes 5 and CPS3 Buy-Back Facility
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Pepper Group Limited on A$400m Whole Loan Sale of Residential Mortgage Portfolio
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises on Largest Indonesian IPO in 2016 to Date
- Herbert Smith Freehills – Propertylink Advised on a Successful IPO, Raising A$503.5 Million
- Ashurst Strengthens Greater China Practice With Major Corporate Hire