Yoon & Yang has hired Do Hyung Kim as a partner in the firm’s M&A group in Seoul.
Kim advises clients on domestic and cross-border M&A as well as other corporate work. He has significant experience working with Korean conglomerates and government-owned companies.
In a notable transaction that closed last year, Kim advised Korea Asset Management Corp on its $400 million sale of a 9.9 percent stake in South Korea insurer Kyobo Life Insurance to the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan.
Kim joins Yoon & Yang from Yulchon, where he was a partner.
The addition of Kim is Yoon & Yang’s third high-profile hire this year. The firm strengthened its criminal practice with the hire of former chief prosecutor Young Kon Cho in March, and brought the former CEO of the Korean Environment Corporation on board to bolster its energy, environment and government affairs expertise in February.
- RPC Continues to Build Asia Transactional Capability With major Corporate Partner Hire
- Allen & Overy Bolsters Asia Regulatory Offering with Appointment of Charlotte Robins as Partner in Hong Kong
- Latham & Watkins Opens Office in Seoul
- Clyde & Co Grows its Corporate Team in MENA with New Partner Hire
- Stephen Chan Joins Dechert’s Corporate Practice in Hong Kong