Global legal practice Norton Rose Fulbright has announced the appointment of Sheela Moorthy as a partner in the Singapore office. Sheela joins from DLA Piper, where she was head of corporate in Singapore.
Sheela has over 20 years’ experience working on complex multi-jurisdictional cross-border M&A transactions in Singapore, Indonesia, India, Korea, Malaysia, the Philippines, South Africa, Thailand and Vietnam, amongst others. Sheela is admitted as a solicitor in Singapore and England and Wales and speaks English and Malay.
In March, Norton Rose Fulbright’s Singapore office successfully renewed its Qualifying Foreign Law Practice (QFLP) licence for a further five years. Only nine foreign law practices hold a QFLP licence, which allows those firms to practice in permitted areas of Singapore law and was introduced by Singapore’s Ministry of Law in 2008.
Jeff Smith, head of South East Asia, Norton Rose Fulbright commented:
“Her dual qualification in England and Singapore is significant for the practice, and her experience in the energy, life sciences and technology sectors makes her a great fit for our team and our clients”
Martin Scott, global head of corporate, Norton Rose Fulbright commented:
“The Singapore office services South Asia and South East Asia, which are strategically important regions for Norton Rose Fulbright. The region’s economies are growing and there is strong demand for corporate legal services. Sheela’s appointment ensures we are well placed to meet this growing demand.”
Sheela is recognised as a leading lawyer in Chambers Asia Pacific and described as being “very hard-working” and an “excellent negotiator”.
- Norton Rose Fulbright Appoints Corporate and Equity Capital Markets Partner in Hong Kong
- Norton Rose Fulbright Advises on USD 1.7 Billion Financing for Emirates NBD
- Allen & Overy Bolsters Asia Regulatory Offering with Appointment of Charlotte Robins as Partner in Hong Kong
- Norton Rose Fulbright Advises on ‘Multiple Firsts’ in Major Solar Energy Transaction
- Akin Gump Expands Asia Energy Practice with Senior Energy Partner Hire in Singapore