Atsumi & Sakai has established an office in London, becoming the first Japanese firm to open its doors in the UK.
The London office, which operates under the name Atsumi & Sakai Europe Limited, advises clients on all aspects of Japanese law, with a focus on M&A, banking, capital markets and securities regulation.
Corporate partner Ryuichi Nozaki has relocated from Tokyo to head Atsumi & Sakai’s London office. He is supported by Tokyo-based senior partner Hiroki Mori, who oversees the firm’s European practice group in Japan.
Atsumi & Sakai Europe also advises clients on Chinese, Australian and U.S. law through lawyers based in the firm’s Tokyo office who are qualified in those jurisdictions, the firm said in a statement.
Atsumi & Sakai continues to provide advice on German law through its foreign law joint enterprise with Janssen Foreign Law Office.
- Herbert Smith Freehills advise Japan’s Gulliver on investment in Western Australian car dealership network
- K&L Gates Bolsters Japan Corporate Practice with Tokyo Partner Addition
- Skadden Adds Corporate Finance Partner Kenji Taneda in Tokyo
- Jones Day Welcomes Technology and Life Science IP Litigator Maxwell Fox as Partner in Tokyo
- Ashurst Further Enhances M&A Capabilities in Japan