Appleby acted as BVI counsel to Shenyin & Wanguo Securities Company Limited (Shenyin & Wanguo) in respect to its acquisition of Hong Yuan Securities Company Limited (Hong Yuan) for approximately US$6.4 billion in stock.
The transaction created the nation’s fourth-largest brokerage with total assets of 105.4 billion yuan. It also marks the largest takeover in the PRC financial industry, surpassing Ping An Insurance’s US$4.3 billion acquisition of Shenzhen Development Bank in 2011.
The Appleby team was led by Li-Lee Tan, a counsel in the Hong Kong office, assisted by Vincent Chan, associate. Haiwen & Partners acted as the PRC legal adviser to Shenyin.
For further information please contact Queenie Ngan.
- Appleby Acted on HKEx Listings for Foundation Companies Pak Wing & Wan Kei
- Paul Hastings Advises on Yihai International’s Hong Kong IPO Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Yihai International Holding Ltd. on Its HK$858 Million (US$111 Million) Initial Public Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Orient Securities Company Limited on Its HK$6.8 Billion (US$876 million) Initial Public Offering
- Mayer Brown JSM Expands Corporate & Securities Practice With Addition of Nicholas Chan in Hong Kong