Leading international law firm Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP advised Japanese mobile and ADSL telecom provider eAccess on its purchase by Japanese mobile and Internet carrier Softbank Corp. for $2.3 billion. The deal was signed today.
eAccess and Softbank are Japan’s fourth- and third-ranked carriers, respectively, in terms of mobile phone subscribers. The transaction will lead to combined users of more than 34 million and will widen the combined company’s bandwidth, while boosting its Long Term Evolution (4G LTE) services. The combined company will have a value of more than $5 billion.
- Middletons Successfully Acts for Tower Bersama Infrastructure in US$519 Million Acquisition of Indosat Tower Assets
- Herbert Smith Freehills Supports Axiata in Establishing Its Leadership Position in the Cambodia Mobile Market
- Mayer Brown JSM Advises Mitsui O.S.K. Lines on Building Four LNG Carriers in China
- Stamford Law Scored the Lead Role in Advising SGX-listed Contel Corporation Limited in Its S$582 Million Proposed Reverse Take-over by YuuZoo Corp
- Mobile in Hong Kong – a How-To Guide