A team of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP attorneys has been retained by Roth Capital Partners LLC, as financial adviser to the independent committee of Yucheng Technologies (Nasdaq: YETC), in relation to its proposed merger agreement with New Sihitech Limited, a British Virgin Islands company wholly owned by Mr. Weidong Hong, Yucheng Technologies’ chairman and CEO, and New Sihitech Acquisition Limited, a British Virgin Islands company wholly owned by New Sihitech Limited.
Yucheng Technologies Limited is a leading IT service provider to the Chinese financial services industry. Headquartered in Beijing, it has approximately 2,800 employees and an extensive network for serving its banking clients nationwide, with subsidiaries and representative offices in 23 cities.
Gregory Puff, corporate partner and head of Akin Gump’s Hong Kong office and Asia practice, and Akin Gump corporate partner Zachary Wittenberg are advising Roth Capital.
The transaction is expected to close before the end of the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Akin Gump Advises Gushan Environmental Energy Limited on Merger and Take-Private Agreement
- Akin Gump Advises CITIC PE in Buyout of Chinese Biotech Firm 3SBio
- Akin Gump Advises Oppenheimer in Feihe International’s $147 Million Merger and Going-Private Transaction
- Akin Gump Advises VimpelCom on Eurobonds Totalling $2 Billion
- Akin Gump Advises Zhongpin Inc.’s Special Committee on Take-Private Merger