Skadden is acting on the proposed US$3.5 billion going-private transaction for Focus Media Holding Ltd., a leading media company that operates China’s largest lifestyle targeted interactive digital media network. Skadden is representing Mr. Jason Nanchun Jiang, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Focus Media, and his affiliates. Mr. Jiang is acting as part of a consortium, also comprising The Carlyle Group, CITIC Capital Partners, CDH Investments, China Everbright Limited and FountainVest Partners, on the proposed acquisition. This transaction would be the largest ever delisting of a New York-listed Chinese company.
Skadden has a long track record advising on deals of this nature, recently representing parties in successful ‘going private’ transactions for Chemspec, China Security & Surveillance Technology, Funtalk China and Harbin Electric, among others.
The team is being led by Beijing partners Peter Huang and Michael Gisser.
- Simpson Thacher Representing Focus Media in Proposed Going Private Transaction
- Kirkland & Ellis Represents Independent Committee of Focus Media Holding Limited in Merger Agreement for Going Private Transaction
- Clayton Utz Advises on oOh!media’s Proposed Acquisition of EYE Corp
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP Represents Global Education in Acquisition by Pearson
- Zhipei Jiang Joins King & Wood