Ashurst advised Citigroup Global Markets Limited, who acted as sponsor in relation to the sale by London listed miner Kazakhmys PLC (Kazakhmys), of its 50% interest in Ekibastuz LLP, the owner of Kazakhstan’s biggest power station, and 100% of the issued share capital of Kazhydrotechenergo LLP to Samruk-Energo, a subsidiary of Samruk-Kazyna, the Kazakh sovereign wealth fund, which owns the other 50% interest in Ekibastuz LLP.
Under the terms of the deal, Kazakhmys will receive net proceeds of about $1.3 billion in cash, subject to certain consents, approvals and conditions. This is a class 1 transaction for Kazakhmys under the listing rules.
- Simpson Thacher – Yunfeng Financial Group to Acquire Majority Stake in MassMutual Asia
- Milbank Acts on Successful Exchange Offer and New Issuance by the Government of Mongolia
- Ashurst Further Enhances M&A Capabilities in Japan
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Joint Lead Managers on ANZ’s A$1b Offer of ANZ Capital Notes 5 and CPS3 Buy-Back Facility
- Freshfields Advises CITIC on US$4.8bn Sale of China Residential Assets