Appleby acted as Bermuda counsel for Kerry Logistics Network Limited (Kerry Logistics) in relation to its listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on 19 December 2013, with gross proceeds of approximately HK$2.2 billion.
Kerry Logistics will use majority of the net proceeds for funding capital expenditures in connection with future expansion and acquisition activities, part repayment of the loans from a fellow subsidiary, and the remaining portion for working capital and general corporate purposes.
The Appleby team was led by Judy Lee, a Corporate Partner in Appleby’s Hong Kong office, assisted by Senior Associate, Chris Cheng. Davis Polk &Wardwell advised the Company as to Hong Kong and US laws, and Tian Yuan Law Firm advised the Company as to PRC law. Deacons and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer advised the Underwriters as to Hong Kong law and US law, respectively, while Jia Yuan Law Offices advised the Underwriters as to PRC law.
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Underwriters on US$168 Million Hong Kong IPO of China Education Provider
- Paul Hastings – China Life Acts as Lead Investor in GLP’s US$4.5 Billion U.S. Logistics Portfolio Acquisition
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises on Largest Indonesian IPO in 2016 to Date
- Sidley Austin LLP Adds New Partner to Hong Kong Corporate Finance Team
- Shearman & Sterling Advises on PT Cikarang Listrindo’s Indonesia IPO Offering