Leading international law firm Clifford Chance has advised Hengshi Mining Investments Limited (Hengshi Mining) on its approximately US$143 million (HKD1.11 billion) global offering and listing on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
Hengshi Mining is an iron-ore mining and processing company based in Hebei Province, the province with the largest steel production and iron ore consumption in China. The Company sold a total of 375 million shares at HKD3.20 each. Hengshi Mining started trading in Hong Kong on Thursday, 28 November 2013.
“We are delighted to assist Hengshi Mining on its successful IPO”, said Beijing corporate partner Jean Yu. “Despite the slowdown of economic growth in China, we continue to assist with a number of equity capital markets transactions, including Huishang Bank, China Huishan Dairy and China Galaxy Securities.”
Jean Yu led this transaction and was supported by Beijing Corporate partner Tim Wang and assisted by senior associates Anthony Wan and Ian Yang and associate Leo Chen. A separate team advising on US law was led by Capital Markets partner Jean Thio, supported by consultant Fang Liu, senior associates Naiting Cao, Vincent Wang and associate Lindsay Gao.
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Underwriters on US$168 Million Hong Kong IPO of China Education Provider
- Paul Hastings Advises on Yihai International’s Hong Kong IPO Offering
- Clifford Chance advises China Merchants Securities on US$1.4 billion
- Milbank Advises on Highly Successful Equity Capital Raising by Top Indian Metals and Mining Producer Hindalco
- Hong Kong/China is a Sizzling Market for M&A Associates