Leading international law firm Clifford Chance has advised MGPA on the establishment of Australian operations and on its first acquisition, a commercial office tower in Sydney’s CBD.
MGPA is an independently managed private equity real estate investment advisory company which currently manages approximately US$11 billion in assets in Europe and Asia Pacific.
“The transaction demonstrates the continued strength of Australian real estate assets compared to other jurisdictions in Asia Pacific,” said Clifford Chance partner Richard Graham, who led the team advising MGPA. “We are seeing sustained interest from overseas investors in this sector, and are delighted to have been able to advise a longstanding global client of the firm on a signature transaction in a new market.”
In addition to corporate and real estate advice, Clifford Chance’s Sydney finance practice advised on the financing of the transaction, led by partner Scott Bache.
Richard was assisted on the real estate aspects of the transaction by senior associate Kane Barnett and associates Matthew Morris and Deniz Tas; while Scott was assisted by finance counsel Dale Rayner and associate Meeta Kalaria. All are based in Sydney.
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises on A$105 Million Sale of 6-10 O’Connell St
- Clifford Chance Advises MGPA on Purchase of Two Office Buildings in Tokyo
- Clifford Chance Advises Australia’s Toga Group on Hotel Joint Venture with Singapore’s Far East Orchard Group
- Clifford Chance Advises Banks on the US$12.5 Billion Acquisition Facility for SABMiller plc in Connection with Its Takeover Bid for Foster’s Group Limited
- Clifford Chance is Advising Sorouh on One of the Largest Ever M&A Transactions in the MENA Region