Davis Polk advised CITIC Capital Partners in connection with the $890 million going-private acquisition of Nasdaq-listed AsiaInfo-Linkage, Inc. by a consortium led by CITIC Capital Partners and that includes Edward Tian, a co-founder and significant stockholder of AsiaInfo-Linkage. The transaction was completed on January 15, 2014.
Davis Polk also advised CITIC Capital Partners in connection with the $330,000,000 syndicated, five-year, senior secured term loan financing for the acquisition of AsiaInfo-Linkage.
Founded in 2002, CITIC Capital is an alternative investment management and advisory company. The firm manages over $4 billion of capital from a diverse group of international and Chinese investors. AsiaInfo-Linkage is an innovative provider of software and IT services to the telecommunications industry.
The Davis Polk corporate team included partner Mark J. Lehmkuhler and counsel Sam Kelso. Partner Lawrence E. Wieman and associate Margie Chan provided credit advice. Partner Jeffrey P. Crandall and counsel Ron M. Aizen provided executive compensation advice. Partner John D. Paton provided tax advice. Partner Frank J. Azzopardi provided intellectual property advice. Partner Lawrence Portnoy and counsel Scott B. Luftglass provided litigation advice. Members of the Davis Polk team are based in the Hong Kong, London and New York offices.
- Davis Polk Advises Golden Wheel Tiandi Holdings Limited $100 Million High-Yield Senior Notes Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Orient Securities Company Limited on Its HK$6.8 Billion (US$876 million) Initial Public Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. on Its $4 Billion SEC-Registered Notes Offering
- Davis Polk – Fantasia Holdings Group Co., Limited CNY600 Million High-Yield Notes Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Yihai International Holding Ltd. on Its HK$858 Million (US$111 Million) Initial Public Offering