Paul Hastings, a leading global law firm, announced today that the firm represented Nomura, Bank of Taiwan, Cathay United Bank, Co., Ltd., ICBC International Capital Limited and Maybank Investment Bank Berhad as mandated lead arrangers in the US$330 million term loan facility for AsiaInfo-Linkage, Inc.’s (“AsiaInfo “) US$890 million going-private transaction managed by a consortium led by Chinese private equity company CITIC Capital Partners (“CITIC”). AsiaInfo is China’s leading provider of telecommunication software solutions.
The private investor consortium, which also included Ellington Investments Pte., Ltd., provided the equity investment for the transaction. This marks China’s second-largest PE sponsored privatization.
- Freshfields Advises CITIC on US$4.8bn Sale of China Residential Assets
- Orrick Grows Hong Kong M&A and Private Equity Team
- Simmons & Simmons Hires New Corporate Partner in the Middle East
- Milbank Advises DBS Bank, Ltd. on the US$890M Senior Secured Financing Provided to STATS ChipPAC Ltd., a Leading Semiconductor and Manufacturing Company
- Milbank Acts on Two Philippine Perpetual Capital Securities Offerings