Davis Polk is advising The Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company, Limited on its strategic alliance with Janus Capital Group Inc. In connection with the transaction, Dai-ichi Life will acquire a 15%-20% stake in Janus.
The Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company, Limited is the third-largest life insurance company in Japan, including Japan Post Insurance Co., Ltd., as measured by total assets as of March 31, 2012. Janus Capital Group Inc. is a global investment firm offering strategies from three individual investment boutiques: Janus Capital Management LLC, INTECH Investment Management LLC and Perkins Investment Management LLC.
The Davis Polk corporate team includes partners George R. Bason Jr. and Michael Davis and associates Lee Hochbaum and Sabrina L. Ursaner. The Tokyo office team includes partner Theodore A. Paradise and associates Mörk Murdock, Miles E. Hawks and Hiroshi Sugiyama. Partners Lawrence Portnoy and Angela T. Burgess are providing litigation advice. Partner Kyoko Takahashi Lin and associate Jennifer Freiman are providing executive compensation advice. Partner Nora M. Jordan and associate David Lenzi are providing investment management advice. Counsel Stephen M. Pepper is providing antitrust advice. Members of the Davis Polk team are based in the New York and Tokyo offices.
- Davis Polk Advises NEC on Its Acquisition of Convergys’ Information Management Business
- Davis Polk Advises Daikin Industries on Its Acquisition of Goodman Global
- Davis Polk Advises Toyo Seikan on Its Acquisition of Stolle Machinery Company
- Davis Polk Advises CITIC Capital Partners on Its Acquisition of AsiaInfo-Linkage
- Davis Polk Advises CNOOC Limited on Its Acquisition of Nexen