Davis Polk advised Goldman Sachs (Asia) L.L.C., Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc, CCB International Capital Limited and Mizuho Securities Asia Limited as initial purchasers in connection with the $500 million Regulation S offering by Sinopec Group Overseas Development (2012) Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of China Petrochemical Corporation, of its 3.9% senior notes due 2022. The notes are to be consolidated and form a single class of notes with the $1 billion principal amount of 3.9% senior notes due 2022 issued on May 17, 2012.
China Petrochemical Corporation is the largest integrated petroleum and petrochemical company in China and one of the largest in the world in terms of operating revenue. It is the largest distributor of refined oil products in China measured by sales volume and the number of its service stations ranks first in China and second in the world. It is one of China’s key state-owned enterprises.
The Davis Polk corporate team included partners Eugene C. Gregor and Li He and associates Faisal Baloch, Bate Yu and Jesse Gillespie. Partner John D. Paton and counsel Alon Gurfinkel provided tax advice. Tingting Chen and Edward Kang were the legal assistants. Members of the Davis Polk team are based in the Hong Kong, Beijing, Tokyo and London offices.
- Davis Polk – China Oriental Group Company Limited Cash Tender Offer for Outstanding High-Yield Notes
- Davis Polk – Lonking Holdings Limited Cash Tender Offer for Outstanding High-Yield Notes
- Davis Polk Advises ORIX Corporation on Its $500 Million SEC-Registered Notes Offering
- Davis Polk – The Korea Development Bank Notes Reopening
- Davis Polk – The Korea Development Bank Notes Offering