Davis Polk advised ICICI Bank Limited, acting through its Dubai branch, in connection with a Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $750 million aggregate principal amount of 4.8% notes due 2019. Barclays Bank PLC, Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Deutsche Bank AG, Singapore Branch, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated and Standard Chartered Bank were the joint lead managers and dealers for the offering.
ICICI Bank is the largest private sector bank in India and the second-largest bank in India in terms of total assets. ICICI Bank has over 3,505 branches in India and branches and representative offices throughout the world, including in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. ICICI Bank is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India and has its ADSs listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
The Davis Polk corporate team included partners Eugene C. Gregor and Margaret E. Tahyar, counsel Ferish Patel and registered foreign lawyer Tae-Hun Kim. Counsel Alon Gurfinkel provided tax advice. Jessica Ling Zhang was the legal assistant on the transaction. Members of the Davis Polk team are based in the Hong Kong, London and New York offices.
- Davis Polk Advises Orient Securities Company Limited on Its HK$6.8 Billion (US$876 million) Initial Public Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Golden Wheel Tiandi Holdings Limited $100 Million High-Yield Senior Notes Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. on Its $4 Billion SEC-Registered Notes Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Yihai International Holding Ltd. on Its HK$858 Million (US$111 Million) Initial Public Offering
- Davis Polk – Fantasia Holdings Group Co., Limited CNY600 Million High-Yield Notes Offering