Davis Polk is advising Intime Retail (Group) Company Limited in connection with a proposed strategic investment by Alibaba Group. Pursuant to terms of the investment, Intime has conditionally agreed to issue shares and convertible bonds to Alibaba Group for an aggregate consideration of approximately $692 million. Intime will also form a joint venture with Alibaba Group in the PRC to explore opportunities in the online-to-offline (O2O) business.
The investment is subject to a number of conditions precedent, including the obtaining of shareholders’ approval. The investment will give Alibaba Group a maximum of approximately 26% interest in the share capital of Intime.
Intime, whose shares are listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, is principally engaged in the operation and management of department stores and shopping malls in the PRC. Alibaba Group is a family of Internet-based businesses with a mission to make it easy for anyone to buy or sell anywhere in the world.
The Davis Polk team includes partner Paul Chow and associates Wilson Chan and Yang Chu. Members of the Davis Polk team are based in the Hong Kong and Beijing offices.
- Simpson Thacher Leads Alibaba’s New $4.6B Deal
- Davis Polk Advises Golden Wheel Tiandi Holdings Limited $100 Million High-Yield Senior Notes Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Advanced Semiconductor Engineering on Its Tender Offers to Acquire Shares of SPIL
- Davis Polk Advises Orient Securities Company Limited on Its HK$6.8 Billion (US$876 million) Initial Public Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Yihai International Holding Ltd. on Its HK$858 Million (US$111 Million) Initial Public Offering