Gide has advised KME Group (KME), a leading pan-European industrial group in the copper processing industry, on the establishment of a joint venture with Golden Dragon Precise Copper Tube Group Inc. (Golden Dragon), a leading Chinese operator in the copper industry.
As well as KME contributing its German plant in Stolberg to the joint venture, the new company projects the construction of a new production plant in Xinxiang, Henan Province, China, costing approximately USD 100 million, with production expected to commence during 2014.
The joint venture is to become the key global player in the connector segment, as it will be the only company with fully integrated manufacturing operations in China, able to supply directly all major markets worldwide.
Gide advised KME on all aspects of the project, including structuring, negotiating and incorporation of the joint venture. The Gide team was led by partners Antoine de la Gatinais and Fan Jiannian in Shanghai.
- Davis Polk Advises Golden Wheel Tiandi Holdings Limited $100 Million High-Yield Senior Notes Offering
- Latham Advises the Republic of Indonesia on Financing of Train 3 of the Tangguh LNG Project
- Siew Kam Boon Joins Dechert’s Corporate Practice in Singapore
- Clyde & Co Advises on Joint Venture Between Sanpower Group and Liberty Mutual
- Ashurst Strengthens Greater China Practice With Major Corporate Hire