Davis Polk advised Goldman Sachs (Asia) L.L.C., J.P. Morgan Securities plc, Deutsche Bank AG, Singapore Branch and China Merchants Securities (HK) Limited, as initial purchasers of a Rule 144A/Regulation S offering by Evergrande Real Estate Group Limited of $1 billion aggregate principal amount of its 8.75% senior notes due 2018.
Evergrande Real Estate Group Limited, listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, is one of the largest national property developers in China.
The Davis Polk corporate team was led by partner William F. Barron, and included counsel-registered foreign lawyer Gerhard Radtke, associate Margie Chan and registered foreign lawyer Han (Annie) Shen. The tax team included counsel Alon Gurfinkel. Yangyang Zhai was the legal assistant for this transaction. Members of the Davis Polk team are based in the Hong Kong and London offices.
- Davis Polk – Fantasia Holdings Group Co., Limited CNY600 Million High-Yield Notes Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Golden Wheel Tiandi Holdings Limited $100 Million High-Yield Senior Notes Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Orient Securities Company Limited on Its HK$6.8 Billion (US$876 million) Initial Public Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Yihai International Holding Ltd. on Its HK$858 Million (US$111 Million) Initial Public Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. on Its $4 Billion SEC-Registered Notes Offering