The Firm represented the underwriters of the initial public offering in Hong Kong and Rule 144A/Regulation S offering by Honworld Group Limited (Honworld). Honworld offered an aggregate of 125,000,000 ordinary shares, which raised approximately HK$894 million (US$115 million) in gross proceeds for Honworld. Honworld is the largest manufacturer of cooking wine in China and also offers other condiment products, including soy sauce and vinegar. The ordinary shares of Honworld are listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The underwriters of this offering included Macquarie Capital Securities Limited and First Shanghai Securities Limited.
The Simpson Thacher team for the transaction included Chris Wong, Leiming Chen, Felicia Lai, Tianyi Chen and Yi Gao (Corporate) and Robert Holo and Taylor Alexander (Tax).
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises on Largest Indonesian IPO in 2016 to Date
- Shearman & Sterling Advises on PT Cikarang Listrindo’s Indonesia IPO Offering
- Shearman & Sterling Advises Underwriters on Chi-Med’s US Initial Public Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Yihai International Holding Ltd. on Its HK$858 Million (US$111 Million) Initial Public Offering
- Simpson Thacher – Ozner Water Completes Private Placement of HK$465 Million Convertible Bonds