The Hong Kong office of the Firm represented the underwriters in the initial public offering in Hong Kong and Rule 144A/Regulation S offering by HTSC, a joint stock limited liability company established in the PRC under the Chinese corporate name 华泰证券股份有限公司 and carrying on business in Hong Kong as HTSC (“HTSC”). HTSC offered and sold an aggregate of 1,562,768,800 H shares after exercise of the over-allotment option, which raised approximately HK$38.8 billion (US$5 billion) in gross proceeds. The H shares of HTSC are listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Huatai Financial Holdings (Hong Kong) Limited, J.P. Morgan and UBS acted as joint sponsors; Huatai Financial Holdings (Hong Kong) Limited, J.P. Morgan, UBS, ICBCI, BNP Paribas and CMS acted as jointed global coordinators, joint bookrunners and joint lead managers; and Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Deutsche Bank, Nomura, ABCI, CCBI, GF Securities and Industrial Securities acted as joint bookrunners and joint lead managers. This is the largest IPO globally this year to date.
HTSC is a leading integrated securities group in China and ranked No. 4 among all securities firms in China in terms of both total assets and net assets as of December 31, 2014 and ranked No. 5 and No. 6, respectively, among all securities firms in China in terms of total revenue and net profit in 2014.
The Simpson Thacher team included Celia Lam, Leiming Chen, Venus Lo, Yi Gao and Grace Wong (Corporate); and George Wang, David Caldwell and Nicholas Ridley (Regulatory).
- Clifford Chance advises China Merchants Securities on US$1.4 billion
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Joint Lead Managers on ANZ’s A$1b Offer of ANZ Capital Notes 5 and CPS3 Buy-Back Facility
- Davis Polk Advises Yihai International Holding Ltd. on Its HK$858 Million (US$111 Million) Initial Public Offering
- Herbert Smith Freehills – Propertylink Advised on a Successful IPO, Raising A$503.5 Million
- Dentons Advises Bank of Sharjah on Establishment of Its EMTN Programme and US$500 Million Issuance