Davis Polk advised the underwriters on the initial public offering and listing on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited and an international offering in reliance on Rule 144A and Regulation S of Legend Holdings Corporation. The gross proceeds from the global offering amounted to approximately HK$15.17 billion (US$1.96 billion) prior to any exercise of the over-allotment option.
Legend Holdings Corporation is a leading Chinese investment group committed to long-term value creation by developing industry-leading companies and managing a dynamic portfolio. It conducts its business through strategic investments and financial investments and has successfully built a number of industry-leading companies including Lenovo, Raycom (real estate), Legend Capital (venture capital), Hony Capital (private equity), CAR (car rental), Bybo (dental chain), Union Insurance (insurance broker in education sector) and Joyvio (premium fruit producer), etc.
The Davis Polk corporate team included partners Bonnie Y. Chan, Antony Dapiran and Li He, associate Christine Xu and registered foreign lawyers Ran Li and Jiaxiang Zhang. Partner Gregory S. Rowland provided 40 Act advice. Partner Margaret E. Tahyar provided Volcker Rule advice. Associate Lena X. Qiu provided tax advice. Counsel Jeanine P. McGuinness provided OFAC advice. Members of the Davis Polk team are based in the Hong Kong, Beijing, London, New York and Washington DC offices.
- Davis Polk Advises Orient Securities Company Limited on Its HK$6.8 Billion (US$876 million) Initial Public Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Yihai International Holding Ltd. on Its HK$858 Million (US$111 Million) Initial Public Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. on Its $4 Billion SEC-Registered Notes Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Golden Wheel Tiandi Holdings Limited $100 Million High-Yield Senior Notes Offering
- Davis Polk – Fantasia Holdings Group Co., Limited CNY600 Million High-Yield Notes Offering