International law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer has advised China Telecom Corporation Limited (China Telecom) on its proposed acquisition of CDMA network assets and associated liabilities held by its parent company, China Telecommunications Corporation.
Hong Kong-listed China Telecom has agreed to acquire the network for an initial consideration of RMB84.6 billion (approx US$13.3bn). The acquisition is subject to the required regulatory and shareholders’ approvals and is expected to take place by 31 December 2012.
The Freshfields team advising in respect of Hong Kong law was led by China Chairman Teresa Ko and supported by Beijing-based corporate partner Richard Wang, senior associate Taotao Ling, associate Geoffrey Cheung and senior legal executive Christina Fu.
- Freshfields Advises China Unicom on US$1.95billion Acquisition of Unicom New Horizon
- Freshfields Advises China Unicom Group on Its US$1.4 Billion Acquisition of a Stake in China Unicom from Telefónica
- Freshfields Advises New China Life Insurance Company Ltd. on Its US$1.9bn IPO and the Only A+H Share Listing in 2011
- Freshfields Advises HSBC on US$9.4bn Sale of Its Entire Shareholding in Ping An Insurance
- Freshfields Advises Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group Limited on Its US$2bn IPO