The Firm is representing Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. (“KKR”) and the management of Unisteel Technology International Limited (“Unisteel”) in connection with the sale of Unisteel to SFS intec, a wholly owned subsidiary of SFS Group. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2012. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Unisteel, based in Singapore, is a leading precision engineering solutions provider with multi-disciplinary competencies in the areas of fastening systems, stamped, cold forged and machined metal components, plastics optics, and surface treatment technology. SFS intec, based in Switzerland, is a global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of precision formed components, engineered fasteners and mechanical fastening systems to customers across a diverse range of industries including the automotive, construction, aircraft, electronics and transportation industries.
The Simpson Thacher team includes Kathryn King Sudol, Ian Ho and Sara Schuman (M&A); Sinead O’Shea and Jonathan Hwang (Credit); Katharine Moir and Dan Foster (Tax); and David Vann and Étienne Renaudeau (Antitrust).
- Simmons & Simmons in Association with TMI Associates Advises Kuroda on Jena Tec Acquisition
- Simpson Thacher Represents Initial Purchasers in US$1 Billion Debt Offering by Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Guaranteed by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Simpson Thacher Represents KKR in its Minority Investment in TVS Logistics Services
- Stamford Law Advises Norwegian-listed Eltek
- PAUL HASTINGS ADVISES GE AVIATION ON AIRCRAFT ENGINE COMPONENTS JOINT VENTURE IN JAPAN