International law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is advising Wing Hang Bank (Wing Hang) on the proposed takeover offer by Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation (OCBC), which was jointly announced today by Wing Hang and OCBC.
The proposed offer has a total value of approximately US$5bn and remains subject to satisfaction of various regulatory approvals and other conditions.
Wing Hang is one of Hong Kong’s largest local banks and is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Freshfields has advised Wing Hang throughout the negotiation process and continues to advise on the transaction.
The Freshfields team is being led by Asia managing partner Robert Ashworth and corporate partner Edward Freeman, both based in Hong Kong.
- Freshfields has Advised Tianjin Infrastructure on Its Debut International Issuance of US$500m Senior Bonds
- Kirkland & Ellis Advises Ally Bridge Group on Privatization Offer for Hong Kong-listed Shandong Luoxin Pharmaceutical Group
- Clifford Chance Advises on Sale of Americana, the Largest M&A Deal in the Middle East in 2016
- Clifford Chance advises China Merchants Securities on US$1.4 billion
- Squire Patton Boggs Acts for Coal of Africa Limited on AU$126.4 Million Takeover of Universal Coal