Herbert Smith Freehills has advised Abacus on its $75 million institutional placement.
Herbert Smith Freehills partner, Justin O’Farrell, and Executive Counsel, Lauren Magraith, led the team, assisted by partners, Robert Bileckij and Philip Podzebenko.
“The placement was well supported”, O’Farrell said “and places Abacus well to take advantage of acquisition opportunities in 2014. The placement again indicates the level of investor demand for Australian property assets and the flexibility for listed REIT’s as prices have traded up to NTA”.
J.P. Morgan and Shaw Corporate Finance acted as joint lead managers and underwriters to the placement, advised by Baker & McKenzie.
Herbert Smith Freehills has been involved in a number of recent capital raisings in the REIT space, including acting for Industria REIT on its $225 million IPO, for the joint lead managers to Charter Hall Retail REIT’s $80 million institutional placement, for the sole lead manager of National Storage REIT’s $240 million IPO and for the joint lead managers of the $75 million Arena REIT IPO.
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Joint Lead Managers on ANZ’s A$1b Offer of ANZ Capital Notes 5 and CPS3 Buy-Back Facility
- Herbert Smith Freehills – Propertylink Advised on a Successful IPO, Raising A$503.5 Million
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Pepper Group Limited on A$400m Whole Loan Sale of Residential Mortgage Portfolio
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises on Largest Indonesian IPO in 2016 to Date
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Underwriters on US$168 Million Hong Kong IPO of China Education Provider