Hogan Lovells has advised Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (“ANZ“) on two financing deals with a combined value of HK$2.5 billion.
Hogan Lovells advised ANZ and DBS Bank Limited as mandated lead arrangers and lenders to Brilliant Circle Holdings International Limited to fund the acquisition by Brilliant Circle of at least 60% of the total issued share capital of Giant Sino Investments Limited. The amount was subsequently upsized from HK$300m to HK$500m on syndication. The acquisition was announced in April and completed on 3 July 2012.
Brilliant Circle Holdings International Limited is a Hong Kong listed investment company. The company, together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the provision of printing services in Asia and overseas and is one of the largest manufacturers of cigarette packaging in China. Giant Sino Investments Limited, part of Emperor Great Investments Limited, is engaged in the printing of cigarette packaging.
Hogan Lovells also advised the bank group led by ANZ on the HK$2 billion of term and revolving facilities advanced by ANZ, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Chinatrust Commercial Bank, CITIC Bank International Limited, Malayan Banking Berhad and The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFG, Ltd., Hong Kong Branch as lenders to AMVIG Holdings Limited as borrower for the purposes of refinancing existing indebtedness.
AMVIG Holdings Limited is a Hong Kong-listed company, also engaged in the printing of cigarette packaging and the manufacturing of transfer paper and laser film.
The Hogan Lovells team on both transactions was led by Hong Kong Banking partner Allan Wardrop and supported by senior associate Claire Fulton.
The closing of these two transactions within a 6 week period, as well as the other ongoing transactions on which Hogan Lovells is currently advising ANZ, is a demonstration of the strong relationship between ANZ and the firm.
- Appleby Advised Sheen Tai Holdings Group Company Limited on Its Listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Hogan Lovells Advises Russian Mining Company on the Sale of a 50% Stake in Yaroslavskaya Gornorudnaya Kompaniya
- Clifford Chance Advises CVC on Disposal of Stake in Hung Hing Printing
- Hogan Lovells Advises Goldman Sachs on 4.8% Investment in Trade & Development Bank of Mongolia LLC
- Hogan Lovells Advises Macquarie Capital Securities on Mongolian Mining Corporation Share Placing by Petrovis Resources